Thursday, November 14, 2013

4.6: Halloween Love

   "Hey beautiful." I smiled, walking into the bathroom. Holly was primping herself, staring into the mirror.
    "Are you sure it's okay?"
    "It's fine." I smiled. "It's more than fine. You look gorgeous."
    "Really?" She glanced down at her tribal warrior outfit. "It seems a little...I don't know. Skimpy. Like, I'm saying 'Hey. Random creepy weirdos hit on me.' You know?"
    "You look amazing. Besides, look at me."
    "Yeah, hot guy in skimpy outfit. And?" She laughed, rolling her eyes. "I'm not complaining."
    "Why would you?" I chuckled, placing a kiss on her forehead. 
    "Oh..." She moaned, "Parker, I..." She began kissing me passionately, trying to edge herself onto the counter. "Parker, now..."
    "The boys are home. They'll here...we shouldn't." I didn't need to emotionally scar my ten year olds; they had an absent mother, they didn't need to walk in on Holly and I.
    "Please..." She looked into my eyes, her's wide. "Parker, we need to talk."
    "What?"  I panicked. I couldn't loose her. I didn't ever say those words. Girls did. Calina did. She said those. Something like that. That's what she said. What she did. Say those words leave. "Holly, please don't go..."
    "Go? Are you crazy?" She laughed. "Parker, I want a baby."
    "A...a baby?! What about Chase and Steven? They both love you to death and-"
    "It isn't the same. I've had kids, but never been part of their lives. I never will. I want a little piece of your DNA and mine mixed together into a bundle of joy."
     "I-" I hadn't thought of more children. I didn't really think of anything like that. This Holly...situation- she moved in and we loved each other. No marriage had come up. I suppose we didn't have a reason for it, but now. A baby? A baby? I just... "Holly, I can't. Not without us getting married."
     "Married?" She looked surprised. "Why?" I stared into her doe eyes, wanting to answer her. I wanted to. Tell her that I needed that piece of trust- I trusted her, I really did. I just... "Never mind, let's just go to the party."
      "Okay." I blushed, wishing I had a reason  for her.

-Four hours later-

      "Whoooo!" Holly shouted, the pumpkin spice beer- yes the horrible trend had entered into the alcohol world. "Parker." She grabbed my face, kissing it. I drunkenly kissed her back, my vision blurry and my body hot from the temperature and sweaty bodies that filled the room. Holly was gorgeous. Maybe a baby with her wouldn't be so bad....
      "Let's go!" I picked her up, her long legs swinging back and fourth.
      "No, no! I got a surprise." She giggled.
      "What is it?" I laughed.
      "Parker, how drunk are you?"
      "Uh..had like three beers."
      "What, like the nonalcoholic ones?"
      "The pumpkin ones."
      "Parker!" She shrieked. "You're acting like you're drunk."
      "I'm not?"
      "Nah," She laughed. "Come on." She climbed out of my arms.
      "Why can't I be drunk?"
      "I want you to remember this. Perfectly normal. Perfectly. Okay?"
      "I'm sober."
      "Good. You usually are, but ya know." She pulled my arm to the door. "This party's lame, let's dash." I ran after her, down the hallway, out to sunny morning sky.
      "Where are you going?"
      "Hush." I followed her down the wooded path, nicely tucked behind the apartment building that the unknown host lived in. She sat down at the bench, staring into the fountain. "It's peaceful here. Quiet, since the traffic goes on the overpass, cutting this part of the city off. It's like nature hidden in urban. I love it."
      "I love you." I smiled.
      "I love you more." She leaned over, planting a kiss firmly on my lips.
    "I'm so lucky to have you."
    "I feel even luckier." She stopped the kiss, pulling away. "I wanted a baby...and you said not without marriage. I can't wait Parker. I'm almost thirty, you are. I-I...it's raining." She smiled, staring up into the sky. The drizzle began pouring down upon us. I looked at her, my face a painting of pure confusion.

    "You're confused." I nodded, in agreement. "Damn. Doing this all wrong. I...look. I watched tons of these videos and everything on how this is suppose to go."
     "How what is suppose to go?"
     "No yet. Can't tell you."
     "Why not?"
     "Because...because," She paused, looking at her feet. "Do I have to get on the ground? Yeah."
   "What are you-oh my."
   "Parker? Marry me. Please?"
   "I-I...kinda though I'd be doing this."
   "Damn you. I'm taking that as a sure."
   "Sure. Yes! I mean. Marry me Holly. I'll marry you."
   "I bought you a ring." She slipped it onto my finger.
   "Thank you."
   "You're welcome, but I'd prefer to say...nothing." She leaned forwards, kissing me on the lips for the hundredth time.
   Married. Holly proposing? It was insane- I never thought of myself being a traditionalist- I was far from one, but I never imagined myself being married like this. I didn't hate it. The twins where awesome, my PI business great, I was going to marry a wonderful woman. You didn't plan out life, it just kind of rolled at you, but if you did, I defiantly would pick this; I just would of had to have thought of it.

NOTE: I know Halloween was weeks ago, but I really thought it would a nice theme. I haven't posted in a week and really wanted to do something short and sweet. Comments and feedback are appreciated. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe I would have loved more closeup pics of Parker in that sexy costume. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm going to post a bloopers post and they'll be more. ;)

      Delete