Sunday, April 19, 2015

Generation Ten Alternate Ending

The way this legacy ended wasn't my original intent; I wasn't going to have Rye meet back up with Vance, however after her father died from old age in my Sims game and I threw a funeral party and Vance showed up (I'm not sure why, I think maybe because technically he's Remy's brother in-law, since she married and had two children with Zander) and I'm not sure how that makes him related to Xavier... Rambles aside, after that, I decided to change the course of this legacy.

I wrote part of a chapter before I changed my mind, however, and I didn't want to completely discard it.
The background it this:
  • Ryelynn has a bachelor’s in Physics with a minor in robotic engineering from UCLA, a master’s in physics, and was accepted into Stanford, where she earned her doctorate
  • She built a time machine, ventured into the future, loses time machine
  • Time travel turns out to be illegal (still) because the government is afraid that if anyone travels into the future people will discover, that the utopia they live in, which bans sadness, anyone who shows signs of depression/mental illness is exiled from society (I was inspired by this book)
  • She found some hunky guy who helped hide her away
  • She works in the future for two years as a robotic mechanic, builds a time machine
  • Hooks up with hunky guy
 This is leading up to the hook up:



Delicate thing, be being here, me existing here for two years could easily enough hurt it, but telling him was something bigger. I couldn’t expect a real relationship; not with someone who was centuries younger than me.

“You.”
“Ryelynn…” He whispered. “Time Traveler Protocol Law, you’re not supposed to be here, I lied, told them you were a visitor from Planet 57, I…”
“See? This is why I kept it a secret, I knew that you couldn’t, you’ve already done so much.” I turned away, facing the wall. Out of everyone I’ve ever gone out on a date with, Vance, my first love, Frank, the jock who got me my internship, Elliot, who I met during the internship and dated later, in college, Orval, my senior prom date,  I felt more passion, more love towards ___ then I did to all of them combined.
“Don’t be hurt.” He said. “Ryelynn Janes, this world was boring until you came along, I was just someone who worked for Protect the Future then, never doing anything even mildly daring, you make me feel… I don’t know, peculiar.”
“I do?” I asked, turning around.
“You do.”
He leaned forward, placing his hands on my waist. We were centimeters away from each other, suddenly he pushed be against the wall, began kissing me, biting my lip, as I shocked stood there, before I took my hands and placed them in his hair, gripping on to it as our bodies melded. He took his hand, began clawing at my clothes.
“Wait…” I pulled away. “If we’re going to do this, can we do this old fashioned? You know, a bed…”
“Yes.” He huskily said, taking my hand, leading me outside. He strapped on his jetpack, as I strapped on mine; within minutes we were in his bedroom. He picked me up, then lowered me onto the bed, he lay down, began kissing me. “You’re so…”
“What?” I asked, slipping his shirt off of, kissing his hard, muscular chest.
“Selfie.”
“Selfie?” I sat, up, “Oh my God- Haha, oh-“ I cluctched my stomach, bareeling forward with laughter. “I’m sorry! Really, it’s not you!”
“What?” He moved away, looking hurt.
“No, please, come back!” I stood up, in my bra and skirt, as he walked away. “Selfie mean a self-portrait, that’s why I was laughing, you didn’t know.”
“I read it in a twenty-first century history book, I thought it was a good thing.”
“You didn’t know.” I said, taking his hand. “Here’s something you do know, though, I want you so bad. Inside me. Now.” I kissed him, as we lowered ourselves to the floor. He was lying flat on his back, looking in awe at me, while I pulled off his last pieces of modesty, slipping off my lacy underthings, lowering myself onto him. The rest of the afternoon was passion and sweat.

  Then:

  • Ryelynn oes back to the present, finds out that hunky guy turned out to be the government leader-president-monarch person who turns out to have OCD and was terrified his mother, who was ruler prior to him, would find out and get rid of him
  • Upon further investigation Ryelynn discovers negativity is banned because hunky guy's great-great-grandfather was depressed and committed suicide, prompting his great-great-grandmother to create that law
  • Ryelynn returns to the future, tells hunky guy everything, who informs her that he cannot change the people's ways, as long as his mother still is alive
  • They scheme to fake his death, then smuggle him back to the present
  • He fakes his death, however his mother finds out that he is still alive
  • He gives Rye a ring and promises her that they'll be together forever
  • He and Ryelynn are rushing to the time machine, when the guards capture him
  • Ryelynn returns to the present, never venturing back to the future
  • A few years later she marries some guy who works at the lab with her
  • They have triplets, two boys- they name one Jonathan Xavier, after her dad, and call him Xavier, the other is named Herbert George, after H. G. Wells, but call him George- and a girl. She is named Dorthy Rose, after Ryelynn's husband's grandmother. They're all brunette
  • None of her children are interested in time travel or science; they're interested in marine biology, like Anderson, Rye's uncle, modeling, like Hadley, and being a kindergarten teacher.
  • Fast forward a few decades, Rye is a grandmother, she has five grandchildren, two blonde twin girls, one brunette boy, one raven haired boy, and one girl who has red hair
  • On Rye's deathbed, she tells her red haired granddaughter, who loves science and time travel, about traveling to the future and gives her the ring that hunky guy gave her
It kinda Romeo and Juliet/Titanic inspired.

xx,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment