Monday, April 13, 2015

The End of an Era

   I wasn't sure how long it would take me to finish this legacy, or if I would manage to, however I, still fairly new to blogging, powered up my computer, opened Microsoft paint, created the first blog header, logged into Blogger, picked the first generic layout and color scheme (many followed, I grew rather bored with the blog's appearance often), penned the URL thejaneslegacy.blogspot.com and suddenly had created my first Sims 3 legacy.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Alyce Janes, the blonde who moved to Bridgeport and began it all.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Tiffani Janes, the France admiring author, whose twin brother knocked up her best friend, who married the affectionate physician.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Gabrielle Janes, the raven headed singer who lost the lover who caused her to lose touch with her parents- only to be reunited with them years later- and then date a psychopath.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Parker, the PI, who fathered the legacy's first set of triplets.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Trevor, the firefighter whose colleague was hesitant to date.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Kayleigh, whose life was tragic, who admired the wrong man, who passed so young and deserved so much more.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Hazel, who loved a redhead named Rosie, whose father hated her for being a lesbian, who loved the earth and all its creatures.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Harbor, a sea loving man who sailed to the Virgin Islands, who tracked down a mermaid and married her, only to find out that it wasn't real, then fly to Vegas and marry wife number two, and pass away after tragedy struck.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Phoebe, who experienced the loss of both parents so young, yet was able to raise her younger brother, successfully attend college, start her own interior design firm, while having her family support her, regardless of what occurred.

   I'd like to thank you, for reading the story of Hadley, Ryelynn, Remy, Felix, and Chester, the last children of this legacy, who grew up in a loving home, who were artists and rebels and winners and losers and loved each other dearly, because they understood nothing was more important than family.

   Ten generations of children, ten generations of love, ten generations of heartbreak, of laughter, of hate, of regret, of rebellion, of freedom, of remorse, of sorrow, of joy... I do not believe I could ever summarize each generation properly in one sentence, nor could I summarize this legacy in one sentence, however I did try, because I wanted to thank you. I want to thank you for sticking through the  new color schemes and layouts, the new computers (I went through three during this legacy), the bad pictures, the good pictures, the lack of pictures... 
   I do not believe you'll ever understand how much I've grown and changed throughout these two years, nor do I think you'll ever understand how grateful I am to each and everyone of you, for every page view, every comment, every vote in every poll, for this may be the simple end of a legacy to some, however to me it is the end of an era. The Janes' Era.

xx, 
Jill

4 comments:

  1. BRAVO! *applause*
    LOL. Seriously, I can't keep the blog layout on mine the same either, so I can relate to you on that one. XD
    You've been through three computers?! I can say I'm giving you even more kudos for finishing 10 generations then, LOL, I've seen so many people, countless people, give up their legacies when they hit the first hitch in the road. I may have said it before, but I think it's cool you stuck with it.
    Congrats on the end of your era. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! :D *takes a bow*

      Yeah, I love designing blogs and I'll find all these gorgeous templates and think, "Huh, that looks SO much better than my current design."

      Thanks; I've had a bit of a struggle with technology... X/ Originally I was using my $50 laptop, which broke, and my parents had- luckily- upgraded from their five year old computer to a newer model and graciously gave me the old one, which than failed, and I got lucky when a relative's office was throwing out their old machines and he managed to snag one for me. Luckily. throughout all this, I had an external hard drive; if it wasn't for that, I don't believe that the Janes would still be in existence..

      And really, I need to thank you for sticking with this legacy for so long! There's been rough patches and patches where I didn't publish anything for an insanely long time; I'm glad that you've been reading and commenting for so long, it definitely kept me motivated, knowing that I have someone who reads every single chapter. :D

      Delete