Wednesday, July 22, 2015

BoB: Security

This BoB covers Steven Janes who found Hayleigh's purse, he met her at a coffee shop at the airport. He is the son of Parker, the generation four heir. I'd suggest skimming this chapter and perhaps generation four.

   "I didn't steal it from her."
   "Are you sure?"
   "Yes, sir." I sighed. I'd being walking through the airport nonchalantly, holding Hayleigh's, whose surname I didn't happen to catch, purse and some lovely airport patron had decided to alert security that a black teenager was holding a women's purse while being black, therefore I deserved to be dragged into a small, gray concrete room and interrogated. At least all they'd done was stare at me with steely grimaces and shout at me, I could be beaten and bruised.
   "Whose purse is it?"
   "A Ms. Hayleigh's, we were chatting at the coffee shop, she left, I noticed she left her purse and decided to try and return it to her."
   "What's her surname?"
   "I don't know."
   "And the contents of the purse?"
   "I don't know, I didn't want to invade her privacy, so I didn't look inside it."
   "If we find this woman and she says that she's missing, say a cell phone or cash, will we find it on your person?"
   "I have money with me, since I had to pay for my coffee somehow and I have my phone, which you confiscated along with the purse. I didn't steal anything from her."
   "Do you know anything about this Hayleigh woman?"
   "She's told me that she's going to Oregon and she graduated high school recently, so she's like eighteen."
   "Oregon, you say? Jim, check the flight rosters, see if there's a Hayleigh."
   "May I please go, sir, I don't want to miss my flight."
   "We're going to hold you until we find the woman whose you're supposedly returning."
   "Please, sir. I swear, I didn't steal it." I silently sighed, exasperated. A third of Chicago was black; I thought they'd be less likely to racially profile someone, I shouldn't be stuck here for trying to do something decent. The security man cast me a sideways glance, as if to suggest I should hush up and learn where my place was.
   "Hailey is spelled how?"
   "H-A-Y-L-E-I-G-H."
   "Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment