Saturday, April 27, 2013

1.11: Dear Diary

I had Alex take this one. Told him I wanted to test out the lens.

Entry One: May 12th
  Dear Diary, Dear Diary sounds dumb, doesn't it? This is an inanimate object. Any way, I found this pretty notebook at the consignment store where Alex (He's eighteen and graduating soon!) sells his paintings and bought it. and the store Mom says it's good for teenagers to "Express themselves" or whatever. I decided to trying writing in you. IT. I think I'm too old. Am I? I dunno. Maybe. Nobody but me know That I got a diary (I told mom that I lost it, so she wouldn't snoop. She'd not do that, butchyaknow? Privacy. Which is good, considering the fact that my hand writing is SO messy....sorta...better than Jamie's) 
   I got a cell phone for my last birthday and can use it to take pictures. I think I'll make a photo diary. That sounds cool. I like writing and taking pictures is kinda fun. I just email the photos from my flip phone (it's soo OLD!!) got to my email on the printer and  print them out. Easy.
   I can't believe I won. I won the contest, back those years ago. I've made a bunch a money, so I can buy clothing soon.  I'm going to be turning thirteen soon. Thirteen! I'll officially enter the world of hormonal crazy kids. Or teenagers. Not kids. That's why I have to buy new clothing. I can't dress like a little kid.
     I'm writing a story, again. I love books. They're you're friends. Not that I don't have friends. I have one. Her name is Cassie. She says that I write good. I wrote a story about her back when I met her in fifth grade. It was about a redhead (She has red hair, too!) who was a werewolf. She turns into a werewolf whenever the full moon comes up. All the other werewolves have brown hair, but she has red hair. She's the pack person in charge. (Ugh, I mess up. Stupid pen can't be erased.) Cassie She is nice and outgoing. And really social. We're both in eighth grade. (High schoolers soon! I'll be in HIGH school; a ninth grader!!!!!)  
   Once, she tried out for the cheer team and made it!!! The popular cheerleader girl group leader (Who are such snobby B's! Mom won't let me say that word, so I stuck with B. B sounds stupid, doesn't it?) were all like "Yay! Cay-Cay joined" Cassie is kinda prett-ish. Boys like her. They ignore me. I'm kinda reading all the time though, so I don't blame them. Least  I got a 4.0 GPA (That's all A's!!! A's are awesome.) Any ways, I was like side tracked. The cheerleaders who are like the friends of the cheerleader (I'm gonna call cheerleaders  CL. Cheerleaders is a word I'll probably use a lot, since I hate HATE them.) who are just like dumb and stand there where like "Like totes!" And Cassie was like "Uhhhh. Totes?" And quit! Nobody does that! She just wanted to prove she could make the team.
I hid on the stairs to take this picture!
    Cassie dates people a lot. She   does this thingie where she falls for a guy. Usually, it's cause she's bored. She gets bored a lot. She'll crush on a guy for a few days, ask him out (NOBODY turns down Cassie!!!) , then she'll spot a new guy. Dating isn't like emotional stuff. It's a sport for her. She isn't a playboy or anything, she usually likes him, but not really. Not like an actually connection. Not like love. I think if she ever is in love, she'll fall hard. She'll probably end up marrying the guy.
   I'd watch this TV special bout the publishing process, but Alex is working out. He does that a lot. He's athletic and stuff. I asked him the other day why he worked out so much, and he said this: "I wanna be on the soccer team in high school. Try outs are gonna be soon and I have to be in shape." Guess I won't be getting the TV any time soon.
   That's all I have to say,
                 Tiff
 P.S. When I'm bored or got writers block I'll write in my diary. That probably won't be often. I guess I'll be writing a lot.

Entry Two: May 15th

  I still haven't figured out what to say when I begin writing. I guess just start writing. I label all my entries (one, two, etc.) so maybe that counts as the "Dear Diary" part? Anyway, I'm officially a teen! Cassie is older than then(??) me so she already is one. I think I got a picture. Jamie is gonna try out for the track team tomorrow. Says they start practice before school begins so he has to try out in advance to be ready for the first meet in August. (three month before high school, exactly!) I'm excited and nervous! HIGH school! Mom said all her babies are growing up. I told her that I'm not in high school yet. She said still. 
    Cassie has a new crush. Some guy who's in tenth grade. She texted me something about it, but I ignored most of it. It isn't meant to be a mean thing, but she likes guys so often it's kinda boring and repetitive. She'll probably be dating him by tomorrow. I'll write about if it does happen. 
    I've started a new story. It's called Joy and Yesterday. It's set in Victorian England, about a peasant girl named Joy who's seventeen. Her mother died during childbirth, so she's raised by her cruel father who's forty-nine and married a twenty year old girl. Her father tries to marry her off to Edward Peters, a man twice her age. She's visiting the nobles house when she meets the gardener, who she falls madly in love with. Edward sees the gardener and tries to stab him. The gardener and Edward fight, and when the gardener deficits the knife, Edward is accidentally stabbed. She runs away to rural France with the gardener. Edwards family were werewolves, though and they begin hunting the lovers. The gardener dies later, brutally murdered by the werewolf pack, after Joy finds out that she's pregnant. Joy ends up bouncing around France trying to avoid the pack. I haven't figure out how to end it. Everything else was really boring today and yesterday. 
   That's all,
        Tiff 

Entry Three: May 21st
    Dear Hi Hello I haven't thought of a replacement for "Dear Diary" yet. I don't think I'll be able to. Hmm...I know I'm writing for a reason. What is it? I can't remember, I'll probably write it down later.
      -Tiff

Entry Four: May 22nd
   I remember what I was saying. Or going to say. Any ways, Cassie was dating this guy and (She made me SWEAR not to tell ANYone!!)he tried to kiss her! K-I-S-S! I asked her why it was a big deal. She said she's never been kissed. I asked her really. She said yeah. She didn't like anyone enough to, you know, smooch  kiss him! 
   I kinda have never been kissed either. But I'm only thirteen! I think that's in that weird you aren't a child but you aren't really a real teen. You're 13, (one-three) but you aren't like a teen. I dunno. It's confusing. I wish someone would explain it to me. But then again, who can I ask? "Hey mom when were you kissed?" No thanks!! 
     I got a secret. I like this guy kinda. KINDA!! I only like him sorta. He's cute-ish in a dorky sorta way. I like that, though. I hate the jocks and stuck up preps. The popular people. I don't like the goth, skate board, rebels either. Nerdy cute, but not obsessed fan boy comic dude. I like smart. And nice. Maybe funny. Looks is just a bonus. Ya know, love at first site isn't real. If you see someone and instantly love them, you're attracted to their looks and beauty, not personality or brains. I like brains. I like intelligence. Kinda like me. I got straight A's and...ugh, I really don't have a lot going for me.
    The Completely Normal,
                 Tiff 

Entry Five: May 29th
      I liked a guy. LIKED. As in past tense. Cause I don't like him anymore. But I did. But know I don't. He ate a worm on a dare. And he's obsessed with Superman. And he failed PRE Algebra, English, and Spanish One. And he's an idiot. Cass went to this bonfire (I stayed home) and was hanging out with some chick (She broke up with that one guy she was dating who tried to kiss her on the 22nd, she just didn't tell me that part because she was too mad about the kissing thing) and was talking to him. The bonfire was held by this jock-y rich stuck up dude who's gonna be a junior and his little brother is the guy I now hate, but use to like, so a lot of freshies (Freshman) got invited cause of him. Cassie learned a lot about him and turns out he's an idiot. So I don't like him. And I though he was SMART. Am I an idiot? I feel dumb for liking a guy like him. What does "like him" mean? Idiotic sense of humor? I don't know. I'm tired. I think I'll go to bed now, it's ten thirty.
              'Night,
                   Tiff
Entry Six: June 3rd
 Jamie's trying out for track team today. I'll get the TV back, then. I really wanted to see a documentary about English poets, but you know. Jamie. He's athletic-y now. I bet he'll be the jock and I'll be the nerdy twin. Nerd. I kinda like that....
                Simply,  
                    Tiff

Entry Seven: June 15th 
     Jamie made the soccer team. And mom started dating this guy. She didn't tell me, but she's been singing and dancing around the house, wearing makeup, and laughing and chatting with a guy (I heard his voice) on her cell. Should I be worried? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Hmm... Having someone to make mom happy and help with bills would be nice.(Don't tell mom that I read the bills from the mail!) Maybe he'd be nice. Maybe, maybe, maybe. I have a lot of maybes, but no solid yeses. Or nos. I have no answers.
              The Clueless,
                      Tiff
             
Entry Eight: June 17th
     Mom introduced us to her boyfriend! BOYFRIEND! He's the soccer coach at the high school and the Pre-Calc teacher. He's nice. I like him. Not like like that. He seems like he'd be a good daddy. I haven't seen my daddy in so long...I barely remember him. I know he slapped mom. I saw. I know he's mean. I don't like my real dad. I like mom's boyfriend, though. 
    She arranged this tour of a butterfly garden and a picnic on the beach for all of us. It's a fun family activity. I liked it.
               The Hopes He's Our Dad,
                                     Tiff
       

6 comments:

  1. Awww this was so cute. LOL. I like the way you crossed out some stuff and changed the font so it would be like she was really writing with a pen. I'm also impressed at all the teenage stuff because I'm not good at it, coming up with even making it sound like a teenager. I always make them sound like adults, LOL. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I'm glad you liked it. I was trying to find a way too add some insight from Tiff, but I didn't have a good way to roll a few weeks into a dialogue chapter, so I decided to try the Dear Diary writing style :) 'Course, for me, it's a lot easier to write from a teen's opinion then an adults, so If I want to experiment with different styles I try to do it from a younger character's view.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed hearing some thing's from Tiff's point of view. I remember doing the same thing.. telling my mom I lost my diary so she wouldn't snoop. "I like brains." LOL. And is this the man we met at the diner? I hope so! Alyce needs a guy like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, I thought it would be great if everyone could gain a little perspective from her. :) Harry is the man from dinner. He really is great for Alyce.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. This is by far my absolute favorite chapter...like totes. ;) Seriouslu, though. I loved the way you wrote Tiff's perspective. I can totally see her as a teen, thinking about what to write in her diary. Like LateKnight, I loved the crossed off words and such. Fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like, ohmigawd, like thank you so much! ;)
      I love writing from a teenager's perspective, it's refreshing compared to a stressed out adult's point of view, and I'm glad that you enjoy reading it. I tried to make it realistic as possible, obviously diary entries aren't perfect and I thought that the crossed out words would help establish that. :)

      Delete