Wednesday, May 15, 2013

1.14: Wedding Bells

   Married. I'm going to be married. To Harry. A man I loved. Loved. Remember, Alyce. You love him. And you don't abandon your own wedding when the man you love is standing at the end of the aisle. But I could.... No. Bad Alyce. I tried concentrating on nothing but him as I stumbled down the aisle. To him. My man. My husband! My second In my twenties, I was though.... I miss my twenties..... everything was mostly okay, other than the part near the end. The slut downstairs. I wonder what happened to her. I heard that there was complications around four months and none of the babies survived..... Poor kids. Poor slut. But not poor Johnny. I hate him. He doesn't get pity.
husband. I hated, loathed, despised Johnny; there wasn't enough synonyms to describe my feelings to him. I never got to walk down an aisle....be a princess in a dress. I suppose I am now, but I'm getting wrinkles and gray hairs. I'm not exactly a fairy tale Disney princess.
    I stopped walking as I reached him. "I love you." He mouthed, winking. He's so handsome! He wasn't in a suit. It wasn't that he didn't have one; he had ten, when we reached the beach, which I'd reserved one to five, at noon, there was two little children playing wish their dog.  They threw the Frisbee and the dog ran after it. It was a cute dog. Then, Fido tackled Harry. He was okay, but his suit was covered in sand and a poor couple's picnic, and was ripped to shreds. He ended up changing into khakis and a polo.  The suit was worth more than my used car. He still was handsome.
    "On this day, we come to witness the matrimonial endeavor of Harry," Alex, who had been granted the ability to wed by a judge, began the ceremony. He looks slightly upset; like he's trying to hide it. Does he still want me to be married to Johnny? No, Johnny hit him. He's in shock. I remember when I told them...

Six and A Half Weeks Ago....

    "Any way, the publisher gave me a great royalty for the novel. Did I tell you about the other day at school?"
    "Yes." We sighed. She'd told all of us the extremely detailed account numerous times.   
     "And she was totally thinking of dating him! But, Kay was totally like, ugh, and she was all oh no you didn't and-"
    "Thank you, Tiff." Jamie cut her off. "Mom said she had an announcement."
    "Oh yeah." She blushed.
    "Well," I paused, looking around the camp fire. Harry had come up with the idea that we could take his mini portable grill to the local soccer field and have a picnic, then announce our news. It seemed brilliant; I wanted everything to seem causal and relaxed, and with Harry being the soccer coach, the soccer field he had unlimited access to was the ideal place to have a private picnic. "Harry and I are engaged!"
    "What?!" Alex asked, shocked. Then, he began to smile. "A new dad....huh. I like it."
    "Yay! Oh my gaw, congrats! Eek! Can I pick the bridesmaid dress. And ooh lavender and-no! Lime and lemon! Perfect summer colors! And Jamie and Alex can have matching suit!" She squealed.
    "Cool." Jamie smiled.
    "I'm glad you all like it! Harry and I have decided to have the wedding in June or July."
    "June! June!" Tiff declared. I can organize everything, and-"
    "Slow down, honey."
    "Alyce and I would like to settle-"
    "Moving arrangements?" Tiff interrupted.  "I vote Harry's home." They'd visited his mansion a few times before and all loved it.
    "We were thinking we could discuss it. My home, our home, is slightly larger than yours and, if you'd want, we thought you might like having your own room." He smiled, trying to be accommodating.
    "Own room?" Alex asked. "Defiantly a plus."
    "Well, who's up for a game of soccer?" Harry asked.
    "Yeah!" Jamie cheered. "My type of guy." They got up and played a little one on one.
    "Yeah, Jamie!" Alex and Tiff cheered, as he scored another goal. Alex 4 Harry 0.
    After the game, I walked over to Harry and smiled.
    "You're great with children."
    "Thanks. I'm glad they're happy."
    "I thought they would be. Tiff's going to be crazy wedding planner for the next few months, though."
    "Crazier then the bride?" He teased.
    "Hm...well she is the bride's daughter. And the bride has been know to be a little crazy at times."
    "Really? She sounds like the type of person I'd like. I'd like to meet her." He joked.
    "I think I can arrange that."  and I leaned in to kiss him. Halfway through our make-out session, Harry pulled away.  "Wha-?"
    "The kids." He gestured towards them with his head.
    "Ew! Moooom!" They screamed.
    "Sorry, kids." I said, not to sorry. They could handle Mommy and Daddy kissing. It wasn't like it'd hurt 'em. And Mommy loved her kisses.

The Wedding.....


    "Alyce. Alyce. Mom!" Alex whispered.
    "Hm? Oh!" I was jerked away from my memories.
    "I do." Harry repeated.
    "Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
    "You bet I do."
    "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."
     "Yay!" Tiff cheered as I locked lips with him. Him. My husband. I'm officially married.
     "So, what would you like to do first as Mrs. Laurel?" Harry whispered.
     "I have an idea." Ten minutes and a few excuses later, Harry was carrying me inside.
     "Mrs. Laurel." He laid me down on the bed. "Champagne?"
     "Mr. Laurel." I giggled like a pepped up toddler "Of course." He poured us each a glass, we toasted each other, and drank. I pulling him onto the bed with me. The rest of the night there wasn't much talk, but a whole lot of fun.Champagne covered fun.
   
 Far in the Future....
     I remember all the years ago on the beach....the daisies that made up my bouquet  and Harry's playful smile. And the Champagne. The Champagne was hard to forget. Very hard to forget. Happy for all those years with Harry. And I was still happy. Harry had never cheated on me; I don't think he ever will, not know. And I'll remain married to him for the rest of our lives together. Together as how I wanted to stay for the rest of my life. Happiness and Harry. They went hand in hand.

2 comments:

  1. Yay wedding! I'm glad Alyce found Harry, what a sweetie pie. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I :) They're a cute couple together. I created a 3-4 Sims from CAS to be Alyce's possible husband and placed them around the city. The first one she ran into was standing by the diner the time she (really did) get fired, was Harry. They both talked to each other and got the 'attractive' moodlet... It seemed like a silly Sim destiny/soul mate thing, so I decided to run with it. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete