Monday, September 23, 2013

3.7: Testing Love

   "Hey, Peter." I walked inside. He was nervously sitting at the kitchen table.
   "Hello..."
   "What's up? Are you okay?!" I rushed to him. Let him be okay. Please. I need him.
   "I'm fine, it's just..." He took a breath. It was the beginning of September. The cool, fresh air filled the room, filtering through the open windows. As I breathed it in, my lungs felt like a knife was slicing through them. "Gabrielle, I have to go back to college."
   "Huh?" I was confused. I was expecting a break up; or worse. Not this. "That's great?"
   "Yeah." He nodded. "It is...I only have a bachelors. I need a masters...I'm one of the only teachers without one and I need the advantage. I earned partial credit; it would only take me one year of school."
    "That's...great." I repeated. I was confused. This was a big deal; at least to him. But college wasn't, was it? I mean, I hadn't been. No one expected me to. No one really expected anything from me. My high school guidance counselor barely said a word to be and thought maybe I should just try and not be pregnant and maybe work as a waitress for the rest of my life or be a stay at home mom once I graduated.
    "I want you to come with."
    "What?" College. I wasn't college person. Me dumb. Me no Uni. My mind transferred back to child talk.  "Small." I pointed at my brain. Peter chuckled.
     "You could earn a Fine Arts degree, for your performance career. It might help you get gigs and seem a little more professional."
     "Ah...kay. Okay." I had no idea what else I could say. No? Be alone, again. For a year? No thanks, I'll at least flunk my way through an Arts degree; ever idiot could get one, right? I mean, I have enough cash to buy one, I just have to show up to the classes.
     "Will you take the aptitude test?"
     "Sure."

     He handed me a thick booklet. There was a test for each subject for each degree, as well as the base subjects, math and English. I was positive I failed every other section, except for the one I loved. I handed him my test, nervously, as he scored it.
    "You earned credit towards a Fine Arts degree!" He exclaimed, smiling.
    "Yay! Can I see my scores?"
    "Umm...sure."

Business- 0 credit
Communication- 0 credit (Includes English)
Fine Arts- 6 credit (322 of 400)
Physical Education- 0 credit
Science and Medicine- 0 credit (Includes Math)
Technology- 0 credit                     

    I felt incredibly stupid. I'd barely gotten the Art credit and I didn't earn one for anything else. Not only that, I scored an apprentice credit. They practically hand those out. I leaned forwards and kissed Peter.
    "Bedroom..." I mumbled, pulling him forwards.
    "Bedroom?" He stopped for a minute, then smiled.

    We began making out, as I slowly took off his coat and his took off my sweater.
     "I love you." Peter whispered.
     "I love you, too." I whispered, currently pinned against the mirror, wishing he would be quiet. I loved the man, but I was trying to...
     "Are we really-?"
     "Uh, huh." I nodded. "I think so. I'm ready."
     "I am, too."
     "Should we-?"
     "Bed."


     I nervously relaxed. This would be the first time with him. Peter. For me it had been two months, for him probably longer. Not since....Daniel...before him, Jason. I hadn't exactly waited long between the two. Dammit. I loved Peter. P-e-t-e-r. He's who mattered today; tonight. He been gave talking, kissing me, whispering things. He was sexy. Defiantly sexy.
    "Oh mi gawsh...." I moaned. Peter. Damn. The man knew exactly what he was doing.
    He laid me on my back as his lips where planted upon mine. I-

----

    "Gabrielle. Please. I am you mother."
    "You wanted the details."
    "I don't need all of them. I understand you had sex."
    "Way to take the romance out of it. Seriously, I was just getting to the steamy parts. Like when Peter-"
     "I don't need the details. If the whole point of this was to have me know your defiantly not a virgin, Message received. Loud and clear."
     "Fine." I grumbled. "But just to let you know, Peter was the best."
     "Why are you telling me this?!?!"
     "Uh...you asked how. I told you. Besides, it makes for a better story."
     "NO. I understand."
     "Okay, okay."
     "What happened next?"
     "Well, Peter and I, you know. Then, I showered and he, you know with me, and then we went to bed and in the morning he made French toast and we on the counter."
     "Did I not say skip the sex scenes?"
     "He's very, very- I mean two young, fit people and damn he is so-"
     "After you two made like bunnies, what happened?"
     "Well, I did a GLITZ magazine photo shoot and Peter thought for another week, then we packed and left for Uni."
      "Whahh!"  I heard the cries come from the other room.
      "Should I-" I asked.
      "Probably. I'll make us sandwiches, then we continue the story?"
      "Sounds good to me. I'll go help Antoinette."
      I stood up and stretched, looking around the home. It was almost impossible to believe. All of them, here. With me. "Wow..." I whispered.  So much had happened. So many memories. From Jason to Daniel to Peter and...wow. I smiled and headed towards the cries, ready to help Antoinette. The years gone by, were merely memories. I hadn't forgotten a moment.

 ----






NOTE: Hi! Blogger inserted this weird space-graph thing when I put one of the pictures into the story. Anyways, there's this weird gap/space/Microsoft Excel boxes, but the chapter is still over. Thanks for reading! Chapter 3.8 is coming soon (so far I've done 3 chapters from the 20-23. I'm not sure if I'll publish another one around Wednesday or wait closer to Saturday/Sunday/Monday.).





2 comments:

  1. LOL Gabrielle sure knows how to make her mother feel awkward. It's really funny. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She defiantly does. =) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete