Wednesday, September 25, 2013

3.8: Uni Parties

   We arrived on campus, over bags all packed, ready to go. I nervously took Peter's hand as we walked up to our dorm. We had agreed on coed dorms, considering that the only other reasonable option was a home that neither of us wanted to have to keep up with. Also, Peter insisted that I be social. I hadn't been to college before, unlike everyone who I was living with; I felt unintelligent. But I was here now and there was no turning back.
     "Let's go check out our room." I smiled, pulling him to our third floor bedroom.
     "It's..." He said.
     "I decorated before." I shrugged. "Do you like it?"
     "Yes." He smiled at me, nodded. I was assuming he thought that I would be better off sharing a room at some idiotic sorority that need a secret handshake and matching four hundred dollar jean; not that I couldn't afford it, I just found it completely ridiculous.

      "Why don't we-" I began kissing him. He picked me up and carried me to the bed. He laid down with me on top.
      "Dudes!" Somebody called. "It's like noon. We can hear the moaning."  I rolled my eyes.
      "Gabrielle, I don't..."
      "Neither do I...should we?"
      "We could...."
      "Risk it?" We both agreed.

----

   "Remeber what I said Gabrielle."
   "No details. Got it."
   "None."
   "It was mind blowing sex. That's all I'm going to say."
   "That's a detail." She sighed. 
   "Well, you should expect it...it was college."
   "You know, I went online."
   "Peter couldn't he needed-"
   "I know. Just mentioning it."

----

      "Wow...." I took a breath after we were done. "Wow..."
      "Yeah." He gave me a little smile.
      "Hey!" Someone opened our door.
      "Eek!" I screamed, racing to find something to cover myself with.
      "Dudes...seriously?" He asked, as if we where the weird ones.
      "You just walked in on us!" I screamed.
      "Sorry...and you," He pointed at Peter, "Nailed like a ten."
      "Get OUT!" We both screamed.
      "Chill...frat party at ten...you see more there, anyways." He left, slamming the door.
      "Pervert." I muttered. "I should call campus police for SEXUAL HARASSMENT." I screamed. "So...Peter." I stood up and walked over to our dresser. "Frat party?"
      "Never been." He shrugged.
      "We have to go then! Please....please, please, please!"
      "It's horny college kids drinking too much and puking their guts out."
      "Come on, you barely drink. You're like one of those I'll drink at weddings and funerals and whenever my family comes to town and birthdays and Valentine's Day people. So, one of us stays sober and makes sure we don't do anything stupid and one of us will get drunk. I'm voting myself to be the one who'd totally hung over the next morning."
       "Okay..." He laughed. "But as soon as you start dancing on the table in your underwear, I'm cutting you off."
       "I only did that once! And it was at a bachelor's party someone hired me to sing at! Maybe...I got a little drunk at the bar that night; then where offering me shots...but nothing happened; I was fine. Besides, they paid me to."
       "I'm not letting you strip down in front of college kids."
       "Wasn't planning on it anyways."I huffed.

----
     
   "Where you a stripper?!" My mother exclaimed.
   "NO! How could you-"
   "You danced in your underwear while tipsy. And they paid you to. What am I suppose to think?"
   "That I make really bad life choices."
   "Isn't that a stripper's job description?"
   "Mom. Stop. I was young and stupid and I sang. None of them got within a two yard radius of me anyway. I was dating Peter at the time and he knew the guys. He didn't want me to...but I reluctantly agreed. He made sure I didn't do anything too dumb the whole time. Did I tell you I got a GLITZ cover? It was the thirteenth of September when we arrived at Uni, so they got we a week before. They're releasing it October one. The lasagna was delicious." I said, changing the subject.
     "Thanks." She smiled. "But we're not done talking about this. Go on."
     "Okay, so we went to a frat party..."

----

   "Woo!" I screamed. Pete was holding me up as we did a keg stand."Peter." I giggled. "Let's go dowwwnsta-yyys."
    "Okay." He glanced around at the lights and music and red cups lining the floors. He was uncomfortable; he wasn't one for parties, but I loved them so he had agreed to come.
     We shuffled downstairs. There wasn't anyone down there; it was surprisingly empty.
     "I know, let's play beer pong."

----

    "Did I teach you anything as a child? Or was I just like, yeah parties. Sex. Drinking. Phft. Wait until marriage. Because that's insane advice that doesn't work. If you're going to mhpfht with some guy, use protection dammit."
     "You cussed! Kinda. and you're a little late on the sex ed stuff, mom."
     "I know...I feel guilty, though."
     "Don't...technically..." Dad made me so P.O.-ed that I moved out. Not you. But I didn't say that; it was a stain the was being bleached out with everything from Clorox to toothpaste and hand soap. "So, neither of us knew how to play the game. So we just drank every time one of us said: 'How do you play' 'Are we doing this right' or 'Huh'."
      "Efficient system." She rolled her eyes.
      "Yeah...you should see Peter confused. He wanted to play by the rules and was totally adorable...man he..." I shook my head. My mother smiled."He still managed to stay sober, though."

----

    "Come on..." I called out. Letsss gooo."
    "To our dorm?'
    "Silly..." I stumbled into him, and gave him a big kiss. "We paint the town." I pointed towards a bag of spray paints.
    "That's stealing."
    "Nah...we return it....we leave it on side walk...or throw some cash where it was. We okay." I nodded with a huge smile on my face.
    "Gabrielle, we shouldn't."
    "Pleassssse? Prettttty please? I get myself a Fine Arts degreeee I neeedd to practice."
    "You're majoring in performance arts."
    "Same thinnng." I ghrabbed the bag and began stumbling up the stairs.
    "Gabrielle!" He called, rushing after me. I'd managed to exit the frat house and stumble; leaning against the billboard.
    "Look...." I pointed. They dare somebodddy to graffiti duhhh Student Union. We go."
    "Fine." He sighed. "Then we're going home." I nodded. Peter helped me get to the Student Union. I grabbed a can of spray paint out of the bag, shaking it and taking off the lid. I helf down the top and looked away.

    "Look!" I tried tossing the can in the air, like I did when I was making drinks. "Ow! Ow! Ow!" I screamed. I'd hit myself in the head. My vision blurred more. I was seeing triples.
     "Gabrielle? Are you okay?"
     "You're a triplet? You shouldaa tooold me. I could have tried any figure out the difference between you."
     "Gabrielle, I'm not a triplet. We're taking you to the nurse to get some advil. You might have a concussion or something."
     "I fine. Hehe. I have THREE hands!"
     "We're going. Now. No questions asked." He picked me up and carried me to the nurse.

----

    "Gabrielle."
    "Yeah?"
    "You....you where an idiot."
    "Yep."
    "And that man," She paused, "Is probably some sort of I don't know. Bt you're lucky he was there."
    "I know." I smiled. "He took my to the Union where the nurse was..."
    "And? Where you alright?"
    "I was drunk and had hit my head. She gave me some meds to help with the pain and told Peter that rest and relaxation and I'd be fine. Also, I'd probably be incredibly hungover and vomit my guts out tomorrow morning..."
     "Remind me why I ask."
     "Uh....you got this surprised look on your face and shouted 'What the-! What happened?' And I sat down and told you."
      "Oui..." She nodded. "Go on."

----

      "You're cute." A blonde flirted with Peter in the Student Union lobby. "Maybe we could study a little." She winked.

      "Hey...I'm riggghtttt here." I was medicated, drunk, and probably couldn't tell you my address or who the current president was, but I knew when someone was flirting with my boyfriend.
      "Girl." She looked me up and down, giving me a look as if to say 'Really? That bitch thinks she'll mess with me?'. "Hey, aren't you Madame G?'
       "Oui...me French. I sing." I nodded, happily.
       "I'm sorry, we should be going." Peter interupted me.
       "But....but we could...I mean....famous and you and me. And her. I'd be like the most popular girl...besides, the guys would flip. Now that I know, you're both kinda hot."
       "No." He said firmly, taking my arm. He dragged me home.As soon as we where in our room, I hit the bed; fast asleep.
  
----

      "Was that girl a-?"
      "Nope. Just wanting a claim to fame. She only wanted Peter, but when you have a D-Lister, two stars, and are technically famous, people get...creepy."

----

    "Oh gaw..." I woke up with a splitting headache. It was six am; too early. I had my first class at nine and Peter's first was at eight.
     "Hey." Peter was up, showered and dressed in a new outfit.
     "What time is it? Like three am?"
     "You went to bed at three-thirty. It's six."
     "I need sleep or Advil or something...hangover food."
     "I can get you-"
     "Oh-gaw!" I stood up, my last night's clothing wrinkly, covered in stains. I bent over the trashcan and spilled my guts. Peter bent down, holding my hair back.
     "Let's get you to the bathroom." I nodded, silently. I limped to the bathrooms, crouching over the toilet. I curled up in a little ball on the floor, laying on towels as Peter sat beside me, rubbing my back. "It'll be okay."
      "I feel like I'm dying..." This was worse than any other time I had gotten drunk. The time passed and soon Peter had to go to class. "Go..." I mumbled.
      "I can stay, if you need me."
      "No, no go..." I mumbled.
      "Are you sure?"
     "Yes. Yeah.  I'll bebetter...I've taken some meds. I'm fine. I feel it passing.”
     “Do you need to go to the hospital?”
     “Nope. I'm fine.” I sat up. “Really. Go.”
     “Gabrielle. I shouldn't. You need to rest.”
     “I'm fine. Go. You want to help me, go to class. Get your degree than we can go home.”
    “We could go now.” I sighed.


----


     “He's persist, isn’t he?”
     “Yeah...he...care so much...you know." I chuckled. " I ended up going to class. In yesterday's clothes, smelling horrible probably."
      "Really?" She shook her head. "That's probably the first time you intentionally went to class when you could have skipped."
       "Peter wanted me to do the best thing for my future...he's supportive as hell."
       "Didn't know hell had a support group."
       "Mère." Mother. "Vous avez réellement fait une blague." You actually made ​​a joke. "Je t'aime." I love you.

----
       Peter. I loved him. He'd asked me to come to uni with him and dammit I would; I'm going to class, hell or hungover. I didn't know what this would spiral into, though. I was clueless. And I despise and love it all at once.

2 comments:

  1. That was cool how caring Peter was of her when she was hungover. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter really is amazing to Gabrielle; she's very lucky. =) Thank you so much for commenting!

      Delete