Sunday, April 27, 2014

7.11: Picture Taking and Making Up

Basil's Point of View...
    "Hi Wren." I said, walking into our bedroom. "I'm gonna go to the park to take pictures with my camera. Wanna come?" I offered. Mum and Mother had agreed that I was responsible enough to go to the park and take pictures tomorrow; today was tomorrow.
    "I can't." She said, as she put down her dolls. "They grounded me for smashing Harbor's dumb pumpkin after they found out that I was okay. The burn won't even leave a scar."
     "I'm sorry... at least you're okay. The scar thing's good."
     "Yeah, I guess. You're lucky you get to leave our room. I only get to come out for the bathroom and breakfast, lunch, and dinner."
     "Do you get to go trick-or-treating?" Her, Harbor, and I had planned our route. We'd start off around four and go to all the local businesses that handed out candy, then work our way to the rich people houses, then loop back around to the theater where they were showing a Scooby-Doo marathon until ten.
    "If I behave." She sighed, as she picked at a thread that was hanging off of her blue heart pajamas.
    "At least you have a chance of going. I'm gonna go ask Harbor if he wants to go, okay?"
    "Can we talk more? It's boring up here. "
    "I wanna go take pictures. The rain just stopped and it's suppose to start again soon; I need to get to the park before it does."
     "Okay... I hate getting into trouble." I turned and began walking down the stairs, to the living room. Harbor was sitting on the sofa, watching a cartoon that had a giant talking cow.
   "Hey Harbor-"
   "Shh! Mr. Moo is on! And I can't see the TV."
   "Sorry." I whispered, taking a seat next to him. I stared at the television, as I felt my brain begin to melt. Mr. Moo, the skateboarding cow who lived on a farm, kept doing silly stuff that caused the farmer to get mad, then the other farm animals would fix it, and Mr. Moo would learn that friends fix your problems for you.
   "What were you saying?" He turned to ask me, after the cartoon was over.
   "I'm going to go to the park to take pictures, do you want go with me? We're gonna have a lotta fun."
   "Nah. That episode's got two parts! The second one comes on soon and I wanna see it."
   "You sure?"
   "Uh huh. Ask mum or mother."
   "Mum's busy making stuff in the basement and mother's got to work on her science project."
   "Oh. Too bad. Shh! Look, it's back on." He said, turning his attention towards the shiny screen. I stood up, and walked to the door, hoping the rain wouldn't begin again. I saw a giant puddle on the street.  Hmm... That would be fun. Jumping in it without anyone pushing me out of the way... An overwhelming sense of immaturity overcame me, and I took off running towards the giant puddle. I took a leap and SPLASH! My rain boots hit the ground, as water covered me.

   I giggled as I kicked the water, my shirt and shorts quickly became soaked. That was fun. Good thing I left my camera in my bike's basket, though. It would of been ruined by the water. I ran to the sidewalk where my bike was resting and stood it up. I hopped on and began peddling to the park.

Wren's Point of View...
   Harbor was sitting on the floor, in his T-Rex pajamas, playing with a teddy bear. A teddy bear. The same exact teddy bear that he was given at the hospital when he was born. I sighed deeply; I hadn't knocked or said hello, this was my way of getting his attention. He didn't look up.
    "Hey, T-Bear boy." I said, rolling my eyes. If T-Bear boy wasn't a good insult, what was?
    "Oh. Hi Wren."
    "Feeling upset?"
    "No."
    "Why?"
    "I got my bear."
    "I know T-Bear boy."
    "Did mummy and mother ungrounded you?"
    "Ungrounded me? Pfht. No."
    "How can you be out of your room then?"
    "...I walked."
    "But mummy and mother said you couldn't."
    "I ignored them."
    "You WHAT!? How?"
    "By walking out of my room." I said, even though if felt like I'd explained this a hundred times to him already. "Look, I just wanna say that I wanna go trick-or-treating."
    "What's....why?" He asked, staring up at me.
    "Free candy and ghost  movies. It'll be fun."
    "You're grounded."
    "I know."
    "But...but, grounded people can't go." He said, standing up.

   "Look... I guess I shouldn't  have smashed your pumpkin. I just felt... look, I didn't like it."
   "Why?"
   "Could ya stop asking why!"
   "Huh? But... why?"
   "Look, I feel stupid that I caught on fire and stuff and I know what I did was bad. But... I felt like..." I took a deep breath and mumbled the last part of my sentence maybetheywouldthinkIwassuper-supercoolorsomething."
    "Huh?"
    "I didn't like your pumpkin and it seemed cool to smash yours... So, my problem  was solved and I looked cool... until I caught on fire. I'm trying to apologize, so like, tell mum and mother so I can go trick-or-treating."
     "What am I suppose to do?"
     "Tell. Mother. And. Mum. PLEASE!"
     "Since you said please." Then he sat back down on the floor, to begin playing with his bear again.
     "Thanks T-Bear boy." I said, as I walked back to my room. Harbor was nice, he really was. He was just... sometimes he didn't pick up on things.


NOTE: Since I was writing from Basil's and Wren's point of view, I tried making the chapter sound more simplistic and childish; the next chapter will have my more "normal" style of writing.    Also, Blogger was glitching like crazy, not letting me save, inserting giant spaces between lines, etc. so that's why this chapter wasn't published sooner.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's cute Wren ended up talking to Harbor and telling him why she smashed his pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad. :) She does feel bad about it an sometimes has trouble voicing that. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete