Sunday, January 18, 2015

10.4: Revelations

 WARNING: A bit of innuendos/promiscuous content ahead.


   "It should be in here..." I said, glancing around my parents' bedroom, for dad's copy of I, Robot.
   "Rye, if you don't see it, it's okay." Vance said, nervously. "I thought it's be neat to see, but-"
   "You're just scared that you'll be caught in a bedroom that's door is closed door with your girlfriend." I said, chuckling slightly, taking his hands.
   "Can you blame me? The three men in your family have all promised to kick my arse if I hurt you or mess around with you."
   "Trust me, daddy's bark is worse than his bite, Felix wouldn't hurt a fly, and Chester's in Chicago with that modeling gig."
   "I think you're underestimating them."
   "Aw, your so cute when your worried." We'd been dating for almost seven months and I was still in utter bliss. "I can't believe you're going to the UK for college... I'll hardly get to see you."
   "Don't sulk, I'll come home every chance I get."
   "I know..." I sighed. "Hey, maybe when I visit I'll get to see some Harry Potter or Doctor Who sites."
   "Maybe." He agreed, glancing around.
   "They're not going to come looking for us, they think we're packing up Had's room while she's off at that friend of hers."
   "Which friend?"
   "Blonde, bitchy, named Madison or Samantha."
   "Isn't that the whole cheer leading team?"
   "Adorable, smart, will fangirl with me over books, James Bond, comics, Freaks and Geeks... And people wonder why we date."
   "We'll keep dating, even when I'm in college, too. Don't worry; long distance will totally work."
   "It will!" I full heartedly agreed. People may presume from our matching 4.2 GPAs, ACT scores, love of all things science- except for physiology and geology- and geekery that we'd be a very logical, factually couple, however they should learn not to be presumptuous; I was seventeen, he was eighteen, we were teenagers who thought that our first love would be our only love, an eternal love. We leaned forward, our bodies melding together as we kissed.


   "I can't believe it..."
   "Did you here that?" Vance whispered, breaking away from me. "Someone's in the hallway."
   "My mother and father."
   "What are we doing to do? Oh, God! I'm too young to die! I have college and-"
   "Shh, calm down. They'll hear you. If we're quiet, maybe they won't come in."
   "But, I, death! Arse kicking." He kept sputtering on, a panic jumbled mess of syllables, so I leaned forward, kissing him once more, which aptly shut him up.
   "We'll get in the wardrobe." I gestured to it, as we quietly scuttled to it, like mice. Just as I'd shut the doors, I heard the bedroom door open, my parents in the midst of their conversation.
   "-empty nest. Xavier, soon it'll just be me and you."
   "Oh, oh, it's alright, look, don't cry? I'm sad too, but think about this, we've given them the roots they need to support themselves, now they have to grow wings and fly away, but their roots will always keep them coming home."
   "You're right."
   "And they'll still visit us."


   "I-I know, but married life?"I glanced through the keyhole, seeing my father holding mother.
   "Married life?" I whispered to Vance. "Who's getting married?"
   "I dunno." I heard a dress hanging on a metal hanger rustle, as he scooted closer to me. I felt him reach his hand out for me, probably trying to hold it, however it wasn't the hand that was squeezed. "Second base in the wardrobe." I murmured, amused.
   "Sorry!"
   "Just, calm down, let's go prepare dinner, they'll be here in an hour." I heard the door open, the squeak shut, as Vance moved his hand away from me.
   "Shh, I didn't say stop." He continued, before we knew it, I'd managed to quietly remove my green t-shirt and his pants. We kept kissing, squeezing, as it elevated, soon we were both bare. They say when you make love, if you could call what we were chaotically doing that, your bodies fit together perfectly, like two puzzle pieces destined to click, however with us it was the complete opposite. If was messy, sweaty, his hand caught on my hoop earring, causing me to let out a small shriek, and not one of pleasure. When we finally did reach that one moment, he had to cover my mouth with his hand, which I accidentally bit, which caused him to be even more turned on. It was awkward, weird, and dark, yet simultaneously wonderful, since I loved Vance.
   "That was something else." He said, his breaths deep, husky.
   "It... Indeed. We probably should go back to Hadley's room, finish packing it up before they get suspicious."
   "Alright..."

________________


   "We have a big announcement!" Remy said, standing next to Zander, the boyfriend she had sneaked out to meet three years ago, when I was selling lemonade.
   "You're, like, pregnant?" Hadley asked.
   "No." Remy sighed, her smile appearing to be much more forced. "Hadley, I'm not."
   "Oh... This is boring."


   "Anyway," she continued, "I'm getting married! Eek!" She hugged Zander, whose face was the dictionary definition of blissful joy.
   "I proposed last night, so we haven't worked out any of the details, the wedding probably won't be until both of us finish college, but we're very excited. We do know one, thing, though, I want Vance to be my best man."
   "Huh?" I asked, taken aback. He was my boyfriend, why would my sister's fiancee want him to be the best man at his wedding? "Why?"
   "Rye!" My mother exclaimed. "Don't be rude, besides it makes sense."
   "How?" I calmly asked.
   "You're joking, right?" Vance looked at me funny, from across the room.
   "Yeeaah. Joking." I nervously looked at Hadley, who seemed to be enjoying my confusion a bit too much.
   "Rem's baby daddy-"
   "I am NOT pregnant! We aren't even going to move in together until after the wedding."
   "Whateves. He's your geek's brother."


   "Pardon?" I said, wishing that I could travel through time and space, so I wasn't here and I also had bothered learning about my boyfriend's family relations.
   "You didn't know?" Vance asked. "Can we step out in the hall?" I nodded, standing up, as my family's eyes followed me.
   "So..." I started, once we were alone. "My sister's marrying your brother."
   "How could you not know? Did you not pay attention? That was one of the first things I said to you when we went to get milkshakes on Remy's graduation day. You asked who I was with, I said Zander Kapaldi, you said that names sounds familiar, I said yeah, so does Janes, then we realized he was dating your sister and Felix's friend."
   "Huh."
   "Do you listen to me? How much about me do you know?"
   "A lot! In-"
   "That doesn't involve general geekery."
   "Your name's Vance. You wear glasses."
   "What's my last name? Am I near or far sighted?"
   "Well, you just said your last name. It starts with a... C or K. And you can't see things that are either far away or close up."
   "I know your favorite color, that embarrassing story from third grade, who your first celebrity and non-celebrity crushes were, the first comic book you owned, I know what animal you would be, what you want to be reincarinated as, that you want to travel forward in time-"
   "Okay, okay, you know more about me then I do about you. So? I love you."
   "You barely know anything about me! What college am I going to?"
   "It's... It's in the UK."
   "What am I studying?"
   "Stuff... Look, please don't be upset."
   "Rye, I don't want to be, but I feel like you haven't been paying attention to me at all! I'm leaving to go to college and I'm not sure if long distance is the best things for us. I thought we were serious, but... I don't know."
   "We had sex in my parent's wardrobe, how much more serious can ya get?"


   "Really? Look, I think maybe we should reevaluate our relationship."
   "Reevaluate? As in- No! Please, don't." I loved him so much, I thought I knew things about him, but I suppose I only knew the things that involved things I could fangirl about.
   "I'm sorry." He shrugged. "Hey, with the wedding and all, we'll be brother and sister in-law, that might have gotten awkward." He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.
   "Not yet." I said, grumpily. My first ex-boyfriend. My first love. My first time. My first brother in-law. This, for lack of a better phrase, blows.


6 comments:

  1. Sigh, part of a relationship is really knowing, caring, and looking after your partner . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Rye's the type of person who is intelligent, yet naive about relationships and needs to learn that just because you have shared interests doesn't mean that you're perfect. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww... dumped after the first time. Poor Ryelynn. LOL.
    I thought it was funny hearing her thoughts about how she wanted everything to be perfect and thought it was. XD Also, your description of their first time was perfect and realistic, I enjoyed it.
    I am happy Ryelynn is learning this important part about relationships at a young age though, then she doesn't have to feel dumb or naive about it when she becomes an adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad, after a milestone moment in their relationship...
      Thank ya! Yeah, the whole magical perfection thing is ridiculous, it's gonna be awkward and a bit uncomfortable for most people.
      It is an important lesson and it does reduce the chances that she'll be madly in love, obliviously to the relationship ending details present and be hurt deeply as an adult.

      Delete