Friday, January 30, 2015

10.5: A Walnut Allergy and That Jock Guy

   "Hadley did you pack the Adele CD- what are you doing?!" I asked, opening the door to her sparsely furnished room. As soon as she graduated in May, she was planning on going to NYC, where she'd been accepted in NY3C's, New York City Community College, fashion design program. She was posing promiscuously in her hot pink bikini, her hair curled, her makeup too thick, in front of a camera.


   "Oh, like you can judge. You're in sweats, you hair's a mess, you've been, like, weeping over, like, your ex-boyfriend for months."
   "It hasn't been months, my hair always looks like this, and I was just wanting to know what your doing and ask, uh, have you ever considered not?"
   "Ugh, God, like are you stupid?"


   "I like to think my 4.2 GPA and ACT score, prove otherwise... Do you have the Adele CD? I need to burn it to iTunes so I can get it on my iPhone and listen to it while eating that ice cream mum bought."
   "Fine, since your so pathetic and your life's, like, ohmigawd, stupidly dull, I'll tell you what I'm doing."
   "I- CD, please."
   "Okay, so this weirdo who smells was able to hack ACT's website and he raised my score! That's how I got into NY3C, so this is like a, like, thank you."
   "Thank God you didn't bother thanking me when I did your English essay."
   "I only do it for people I know appreciate a hot girl."
   "I'd hate to see your attire and pose when someone actually does something that makes your grade decent, not that raising your ACT score seven points to a sixteen isn't valedictorian worthy."
   "Ugh, look I've only done this... The quarterback, that one nerd, that other nerd, that geek, the chess team, the basketball all star, the swim team captain, the guy who sits across from my in Algebra 2... That's only twelve this semester, plus last semester and junior year..."
   "Do mom and dad know?" She stared at me for a few seconds, before laughing- cackling, perhaps,  would be a better word to describe the noise that she emitted.
   "Ya, right. Like I'd tell them."
   "What if someone leaks your pictures?" She rolled her eyes, before the camera's flash went off, capturing her magnificently putrid attitude and my lack of enthusiasm for said attitude.
   "I don't know where your CD is. Besides, who uses CDs anymore?" She replied, ignoring the question.
   "I'll listen to the Mowgli's instead." I turned, before I heard her shrill insult.
   "Uh, pity party much?"
   "The Mowgli's are kinda upbeat and wonderfu-"
   "Shh! Interrupting? Look, you're pathetic and ugh, I mean, are you sure your hair always is that ugly?"
   "I'm positive and might I add, gee, thanks, I'm flattered."
   "OMG. I wasn't done! I have a friend, well, not friend. He's totally hitting on me and he plays, like, football or whaterver. Basketball? A ball thing game. And I've set you up."
   "Pardon?" I asked, turning back to face her. "Set me up, as in a date?"
   "He's super smart, he has like a twenty-two on the ACT."
   "Call, Einstein! I think we've met someone-"
   "Ugh, I know right? Anyways, meet him at That One Place."
   "Which place?"


   "That One Place. The new, trendy place, they only take cash, we went once and you were all bitchy cause you wanted the Italian vinaigrette with your salad but they only did low-cal, organic, lavender, mint walnut dressing."
   "Considering that I've got a tree nut allergy, despite it being rather mild and manageable I still try to avoid eating walnuts."
   "Ugh, just go. Four, okay?"
   "No, thanks."
   "Like, whateves, you're going."
   "I-"
   "Nope, or whatever. You're going."

__________________


   "Twenty-two..." He said, looking as if he was struggling. Our date had been an awkward one, That One Place hadn't had any allergen friendly foods, he refused to pay, despite me only having a bottled water, then, for fun, he suggested we hit up his favorite LA gym. So far, the afternoon hadn't been worth changing out of my sweats into a skirt.
   "Look, I think I'm going to go, you seem a bit preoccupied."
   "Wait, you haven't seen me do pushups yet."
   "I think, while it may be challenging, I'll live without seeing you sweat while on the ground."
   "That's what she said."
   "That's not even relevant here." I sighed, staring at him. Sure, I hadn't really gotten to know Vance, and it had been very award at Remy's wedding, since he was the best man and I was a bridesmaid, but at least we had our geekery in common.
   "Look, Russo-"
   "Ryelynn."


   "Okay, Gluten, you said you liked astronomy." He stopped lifting waits and walked over to me.
   "Physics."
   "Well, my dad donates a lot of money to this one research company, they do, like, quantum physics crap-"
   "It isn't crap."
   "Whatever. And I could get you an internship."
   "Really?" I gasped.
   "Yeah, I mean, I want your sister to send me one of her pics, but other than that, yeah."
   "I think... If she's okay with it, a bikini shot."
   "Alrighty! And I need you to do my college essay."
   "Seriously?" I looked at him. "Anymore catches?"
   "Nah..."
   "Promise?"
   "Uh... Yeah."
   "Thanks." I sighed, but what could I say? An internship was an internship and I was dying to get one.

NOTE: I've published two chapters of With Love, my new legacy, also The Mowgli's are a real, amazing band that I love. I recommend listening to their album Waiting For the Dawn.

4 comments:

  1. We had this whole sexting situation at my High School, and then the media acted like every kid in the school was guilty. So this chapter reaffirms, don't sext! (even if they're just bikini pics) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my school acted like every single female was guilty (which was rather annoying to me, because we're obviously not + the blame was never placed on males).

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. LOL, Hadley's jock guy she set up Ryelynn with was... well let's just say I didn't expect much from him. ROFL. Taking her to a gym for a date after not paying for the meal. This chapter made me laugh. "Wait you haven't even seen me do pushups yet." LMAO. Oh man. Hilarious. XD Although it was super cool that he thinks he might be able to get her an internship with some physics stuff. Sounds right up her alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep, he's the stereotypical shallow, athletic oriented type. :) I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! And the one silver lining of their horrid date is the internship.

      Thank ya for commenting! :D

      Delete