Monday, June 1, 2015

Bit of Boring: Tiffani's Diary Entry

This chapter is told from the perspective of a teenage Tiffani, Alyce Janes', the generation one founder, daughter. It's the "sequel" to this chapter.

Entry Nine: June 18th

   Oh my goodness gosh gods! Is it baby-ish for a thirteen year old to say oh my goodness? I don't know. Cassie says "oh my gods" and she says it's because she read this book trilogy about this girl who fell in love with a gGreek god. I can't imagine loving a Greek god. (GOD. Like, all powerful and stuff).
   Anyways, we went to the butterfly garden with mom and Harry and Jamie and Alex and it was fun and I didn't say lots about it yesterday. We saw all these an innumerable amount of gorgeous butterflies and I ate a peanut butter sandwich at the picnic. Peanut butter is sticky, brown, brown like caramel, melted caramel, oozing.
   Also, I'm going to start expanding my vovocabulary because my mom said that might help with my writing some. Innumerable is a big word, I believe. I misspelled it the first time. Jamie thought it meant counting something, but I told him it didn't.
   My writing's going good well. (I always forget whether to use good or well...) My story, you know, the one called Joy and Yesterday? It's set in Victorian England, about a peasant girl named Joy who's seventeen. Her mother died during childbirth, so she's raised by her cruel father who's forty-nine and married a twenty year old girl. Her father tries to marry her off to Edward Peters, a man twice her age. She's visiting the nobles house when she meets the gardener, who she falls madly in love with. Edward sees the gardener and tries to stab him. The gardener and Edward fight, and when the gardener deficits the knife, Edward is accidentally stabbed. She runs away to rural France with the gardener. Edwards family were werewolves, though and they begin hunting the lovers. The gardener dies later, brutally murdered by the werewolf pack, after Joy finds out that she's pregnant. Joy ends up bouncing around France trying to avoid the pack. I have yet to write the ending, though I was thinking of changing Joy's name to something more victoria Victorian.
   Google says Victoria, Mary, Elizabeth and Annabelle, Prudence, Rosemarie, Meredith were popular in the 1890s. I like Rosemarie. Rosemarie and Yesterday. It has a nice ring to it.
   Also, I got an iPhone! An IPHONE (or is it IpHONE? iPHONE? what's capitalized?) after the picnic. Harry bought it for us, he also told us that we don't have to call him dad if we don't want to. I may want to. Hm...
   I think I have to go, I hear mom saying something about going to Harry's house. I'm going to stop writing now.
                Sincerly Sincerely,
                                 Tiff

Ten: June 21st

   Do you know that Harry has a big house? Harry has a big house. I also haven't decided whether to call him dad or Harry yet. He's technically my step-dad, but my real dad's mean and I don't get to see him, so Harry's more my dad than dad is.
   We went to Harry's house because he brought Jamie there after soccer practice a scrimmage, he is the coach after all and he teacher pre-calc which is super smart people math. I don't like math as much as I like English, because there's lots of writing in English. 
   My story is okay. I don't know how to end it. Maybe Rosemarie (aka formally Joy) will turn into a werewolf? I don't know.
   Also, I want to go to France because I've been researching it and it seems amazing. Yeah, when I'm an adult, I'm go to France, though I won't meet any werewolves, because they aren't real.
   Would real werewolves be a good or bad thing? Hm... I don't know. They seem dangerous, but people like reading about them. Cassie likes reading about them.
   Cassie also doesn't like that guy anymore, he's sooooooooooooooooooo last week. (My hand got tired writing all those O's.) 
   I read my old diary entry where I talked about Cassie and who she likes and I sounded mean when I said she talked to an idiotic guy.
   I'm sorry idiotic guy. MOm says we should be nice to most people. MOST people. Like if someone if abusing you, than you don't be nice to them, you get away from them. 
   I think my dad abused Mom. I don't know for sure, though he hit her. I want to call Harry dad, but that means he'd be the same as my real dad who I don't like. (That isn't mean, BTW.) I have to go think about what to call Harry now.
         The Deeply in Though,
                Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment