Thursday, October 10, 2013

3.13 and 1/2: New Home

   "Gabrielle, go."
   "But..."
   "It's been months."
   "I just..."
   "Gabrielle."
   "Antoinette."
   "You are going to meet your children and husband at the fabulous new apartment of yours. Got it?"
   "Yeah..." I nodded. It had been ten months since my parents...passed away. I'd struggled; the estates in Paris and London and stocks and bonds had taken forever to sort out. Two months ago and we had finished finally working everything out. Two months for the finical crap to be out of the way and for the real emotion to set in. "Enjoy the apartment." I called out as I walked to the car. I had given Antoinette and her family the apartment; it was simply too small for my family.
    "We will." Nikia smiled. As I drove away, I glanced back. My sister's happy little family beamed back at me.
    "Wow." I gasped as I stepped inside, glancing around. There was the large, open kitchen/living room area, decorated in lovely blues.



   The bathroom, in a nice aquamarine color scheme.


  Our, Peter and I's, room, decorated in a nice shade of blue.







   Parker's room.





   And finally, Maverick's bedroom.


   It was all amazing; the apartment was gorgeous and lovely, as well as spacious. Of course, compared to Peter's apartment, my tour bus was spacious. I chuckled; I had went on tour shortly after Parker was born. For thee American portion, Peter had dragged the children along with him. During the European porition, we video chatted every night (or morning, depending where I was whenever it was seven pm sharp, the children's bedtime until they turned six, then it would become eight).
    "Hey, lovely." Peter walked up behind me.
    "Hey." I smiled, turning to kiss him.
    "How do you like the new place?"
    "I love it. How are the kids?"
    "Fast asleep."
    "Oh Peter." I sighed. "You're such a great dad."
    "Hoping that that's a turn on."
    "It is." I smiled. "We need to test out the new bed." I grabbed his hand. "Come on." I pulled him into the bedroom, shutting the door. We fell asleep in each other's arms afterwards, both of us glowing. Life was wonderful. It really was, despite the misery, there's always one moment of bliss for every moment of pain. I was lucky; living all the bliss at once.

2 comments: