Saturday, December 7, 2013

5.3: A Little Crush

You know how I said the last part was to be continued? Yeah, I didn't want to make it a part one/two, so here it is.... P.S. Some language (b, d, h) is used.

   Where was Jane? I sat downstairs, wondering. Jane wasn't here. She had been gone for a long time. Was she okay? I was sick of her doing this to me. Goes off, gets drunk, comes home. It was six in the freaking morning on a Saturday! She should be home. Now. I was tired of being sympathetic. I wasn't going to let her get to me. She was bad news and I was tired of her spending so much. I lost more money then I knew I had. I was tired of it.
   "Hey babyyy." She staggered in the door.
   "Where the hell have you been? I'm twenty-six and you're twenty-five. I'm not your father, dammit. I shouldn't have to worry about this. You running off and getting drunk. And you aren't getting drunk off cheap bear that costs a dollar from the questionable gas station, it's costing me a couple grand a week! Sober up. Now. I've put up with this long enough. I've dragged your butt to AA and nothing's helped. We tried therapy and everything, but nothing works! I cannot lock you in the house, but-"
   "Yooou wanttt sexxxxx?"
   "Stop! No. I'm dropping you off at therapy or something and we're breaking up. Whatever this is, it is over. Sorry, but-" She fell onto me, kissing my lips. It angered me more. She thought physical affection would change me mind? She was probably higher than the moon, but could she use her brain. She was sober during the day. Why the hell couldn't she be at night? it wasn't even night. It was morning.
   "Twev-Twev. Me needsss you. Me and you go fudge eachothew's bwains out. Pwease?"
   "Stop! No."
   "I havve newsss."
   "So do I. I am tired of this. Tired. I'm going to the fire house. I need to cool off."
   "B-bu-ut." Her lip quivered.
   "No. You're a gold digger and I don't want to do anything I'll regret. Like you." I spat. I was angry. I wasn't violent; I never was. I would never hurt a girl. But I said a lot of things and I couldn't say anything else.
   I hopped on my bike and stormed off to the firehouse. I was upset. Way upset. She did this again and again. I knew she had a problem. I tried to help. I dragged her to everyplace I could find. Told her I would support her. I couldn't take it, though. Not again. I was not a father. Her father. I didn't want a child. Especially one who thought she didn't need to fix anything if she had her body.
   The rain poured down; the sky matched my mood. Grumpy. I was a happy person. She just happened to ruin that. I needed it back. That required her gone. I was suppose to be living a great life. I liked her, as a friend. But she didn't care for me. She used me, over and over again. It had to stop. There was no easy way. It had to stop. Forget sooner, I did it later and it bit my in the butt.
   I through my bike to the side and ran into the firehouse. I walked in, to see Alani Shepherd sitting there looking at a map. She was the new intern who I-  though I hated admitting it with me and Jane being a whatever- thought was kinda cute. She was intelligent and had the small town charm. Innocent and honest. Kind. The polar opposite of Jane. Jane who I had just dumped.
  "Hello, sir."
  "Hey, you don't have to call me sir. Trevor is fine."
  "Sir, you're my boss. You're the Fire Sergeant. After the other sir moved to Texas permanently and this became your fire house, you became my boss. I'm below you."
  "Alani, how long ago did we hire you?"
  "One year, sir. I turned twenty-four exactly that day."
  "Happy late birthday."
  "Thank you, sir."
  "Is it alright if I call you Alani, madame?" I remembered that not everyone was comfortable with a first name basis.
  "Yes, sir."
  "You're a Hose Handler. You aren't below me. You aren't below me at all."
  "Thank you, sir."
  "I'm going to go upstairs and see if anyone else is here."
  "You and me are the only ones, sir. it's six-thirty on a Saturday. I'm the only one suppose to be here. Is everything alright, sir?"
  "Yeah, just... yeah. You know."
  "No sir, I do not."
  "How come you get this shift?"
  "I like the quiet." She was known to be notoriously shy.
  "Ah." I began walking over to my office. "You look nice today." I commented.
  "Er-uh-er-um, thank you." She was blushing. She looked cute when she was embarrassed. "Sir." She quickly added.
  "If you get bored and want to chat or something, you can. With me, I mean. I just-"
  "Are you trying to be my friend, sir?"
  "I-"
  "Because, I think we can be friends on a professional level. Not outside of work, though. Sir, I like to keep thinks professional. Coworkers as friends aren't out of work friends."
  "I-I..." It was my turn to blush this time. She was direct. And sheltering herself. Was something wrong? Was she hiding something? I didn't know, but I wanted her to know that we could be friends without it getting weird or out of hand. I walked to my office, sitting down. Alani... defiantly wasn't synonymous with open book.

At Home...Jane's POV...

  I woke up in the bed. I glanced at the clock five pm. Trevor was still gone. That little son of a bitch. I stood up, my headache not as bad. I glanced in the mirror. I was a mess! I quickly applied a full face of makeup and picked out a decent dress and pair of heels to match. I was going to the fire station. He couldn't dump me, leave me at his house, and run off! I was finding him, going to dump him (even though he already did that), and move on with my damn life.

Trevor's POV...

   I was making the beds, when I heard the click clack of heels. Click. Click-clack. Clack. Click-Clack. I turned to face the door.
I could see Alani fixing the alarm outside the door and- crap! Jane.
   "TREVOR!" She screamed, throwing open the door. "What in the world are you doing?"
   "Working." I smoothly said, not wanting to fight with Alani so close. I couldn't let her see my livid ex and run away to hide. She was so secretive and shy. I couldn't make things worse. I liked her a bit. A more than friends like. "Can we do this at home?"
   "Don't be sarcastic with me! I know you're working. And we will do this here. If you didn't want your little coworkers to see, you shouldn't freaking dump me like that!"
   "You have a problem!"
   "You're right! It's YOU!"
   "I broke up with you. I took your key and dumped you. Sorry, but-"
   "OH, no! I was to drunk to make a comeback then, but now?! I will freaking be with you. I have news."
   "No. I'm tired of you doing this. Blaming it on me. I lived with it for long enough."
   "YOU?! You're the victim? Ha. Ha. Nope!"
   "Jane, calm down. Please."
   "Stop telling me that!"
   "Look, I know it was rough."
   "How would you know?!"
   "I just-"
   "No! Stop saying I. I, I, I. It's all about you. You think I'll take this? I'm moving out. You will never see me again! Ever. Got it? E-V-E-R. EVER. You think you're so good, you can spell, right?"
   "Stop, please."
   "To late for please! I'm leaving." She stomped out the door, past Alani. "And you. You bitch! Did you sleep with my boyfriend? Did he dump me for you?"
   "No, ma'am."
   "Ma'am?" She laughed, shrilly. "Look, you home-wrecking slut. Never call me ma'am again. I'm not hick from your small town."
   "This isn't needed, is it. Please."
   "Everybody so damn polite! Please, please, please. You stole my boyfriend!" Her voice was venom. I pushed the door, following her. I could take this. But Alani? She wasn't use to confrontation or the anger. Nobody did this to her.
    "Jane, stop! This is between me and you. Alani didn't do anything."
    "Alani? Slut name if I ever heard one."
    "Ma'am-"
    "I said don't call me FUDGING ma'am!" Jane had snapped. She slapped the poor girl so hard, she nearly pushed her over the banister. A red mark was implanted on her cheek.
    "JANE! You bitch." I screamed. She was insane. This was between me and her. bringing Alani- innocent bystander Alani- into this was too much. Way to much. "Go! Just go!" I turned towards Alani- she was gone. "Look, I'm going to go chase after her. I hope you're out of my life by the time I'm back."
    "Or what?"
    "You're trespassing. I don't know I just- Alani!" I ran down the stairs, trying to find her. I heard her crying from downstairs. I glanced down. She had fallen off the pole.
   "Don't come close to me." She whimpered, standing up.
   "I'll help you. I'm sorry. Jane is crazy." She shook her head, running out the door. I slid down the pole, following her. I had to fix things. Had to. Out the door I ran, trying to find her. She was ahead of, dashing across the street.   I caught up to her, waiting for her to say something.
   "I'm sorry." She cried. "I didn't mean to ruin your marriage."
   "No, no you didn't. We weren't even married. Or dating. You did nothing wrong."
   "Why did she slap me? Nobody has ever done that before. Why?"
   "She's unstable. Crazy. She's gone now, okay. Do you want the rest of the week off? Paid vacation? Anything?"
   "Leave me alone, sir. I don't need your sympathy."
   "I know you don't want it. it doesn't mean you don't need it, though."
   "Sir, I mean this in the nicest way, but please don't say anything else."
   "I-" I shut my mouth.
   "Thank you." She turned away. I watched her walk away, into the road. It happened faster than I could imagine. She collapsed on the road she was walking and she just collapsed! I ran to her, panicking. I dialed nine-one-one screaming for help. She had to be okay. Had to stay with me. I liked her. This couldn't be happening.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Alani's so shy and adorable. LOL. Jane is so crazy, jumping to conclusions like that. I'm glad Trevor broke up with her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane's truly is messed up. And Alani is adorable and shy. She and Trevor defiantly have potential. ;)

      Delete